The following is a checklist that may be helpful in hosting your meeting:
Contact person: ______________________ Phone: _________________________
Parking/Transportation suggestions: ______________________________________
For how many: _________________ Person responsible: _____________________
Special dietary needs: __________________________________________________
Delivery time: ________________________________________________________
ROOM SET UP:
- Conference-style seating so everyone can see each other “O” or square shape
- Two flip charts, markers, and masking tape to post charts
- Optional “overhead projector/screen“ check with Chair to determine need
- NOTE: Gil needs to do his set up at least 45 minutes before the scheduled arrival of members. He also will need about 30 minutes at the end of the meeting to pack up.
CHECK FOR OUTSIDE DISTRACTIONS:
Eliminate outside distractions such as
- Telephone ringing inside meeting room
- Voices/noise from adjacent rooms/hallways
- P.A. system with piped in music or announcements
GENERAL SUGGESTIONS FOR HOST:
- If making conference room reservations, please use “Vistage” name for easy access.
- If appropriate, have directional signs posted for Vistage meeting.
- Have coat racks available when guests arrive.
- Provide wireless connection information.
- Tell people where washrooms are located.
- Keep to your time schedule for breaks and lunch.
- Make arrangements to have someone deliver phone messages to you or to the other participants only during breaks.