Managing Horizons works with clients in several industries facilitating interventions that fall under a team training umbrella. Their work addresses such diverse needs as:
- training on the team development process from a collection of individual contributors through high performance work teams (and on to self-directed/managed teams as appropriate)
- identifying and measuring behaviors of effectiveness
- understanding and adapting to personal style preferences that affect teamwork
- improving intra- and inter-team communication
- facilitating strategic planning sessions with executive teams, middle management, and self managed work teams
- training and modeling effective meeting management skills
- training and facilitating group problem analysis and decision making (such as quality-improvement teams)
- team motivation
- cross-functional mentoring
Methods and Approaches
The most effective interventions are those for which a design is co-developed following some initial data gathering from participants and stakeholders.
During the actual intervention, we utilize numerous techniques and approaches. These run the gamut from primarily discussion-oriented sessions such as facilitating a planning meeting to highly experiential workshops that challenge teams to work collaboratively to solve problems, experience breakthrough thinking and behaviors, and apply learnings to their work and personal lives.
improving business results and quality of life